By Jeremy Jones,Nicholas Ridout
Read or Download A History of Modern Oman PDF
Similar middle eastern history books
Below Siege is Rashid Khalidi's definitive, firsthand account of the 1982 Lebanon warfare and the advanced negotiations and army maneuvers excited about evacuating the P. L. O. from Beirut. Khalidi lived along with his kinfolk in Beirut through the siege a
Eli Avidar seems to be into the abyss that divides Israel from its Arab acquaintances, with a purpose to comprehend the inherent flaws, triumphing misunderstandings, and tragic errors that symbolize the kin and bloodletting, and the way, if in any respect attainable, to bridge the variations. In doing so, he bargains a brand new point of view in regards to the truth of the center East and the entire clichés that experience remodeled the Hebrew-Arab lexicon right into a advanced and hopeless minefield.
Those distinctive courses produced through the dep. of protection supply finished information regarding all facets of existence in Yemen, with a different emphasis on geography, historical past, the economic climate, society, defense and armed forces concerns, faith, traditions, city and rural lifestyles, ethnic teams, crime, the surroundings, executive, vacations, gender concerns and lots more and plenty extra.
This booklet explores the pro and social lives of the warriors who served within the military of the Byzantine Empire in the 6th century. greater than only a struggling with strength, this military used to be the surroundings within which millions of fellows solid relationships and manoeuvred for merchandising. The officials of this strength, from recognized generals like Belisarius and Narses to lesser-known males like Buzes and Artabanes, not just fought battles but additionally crafted social networks and cultivated their relationships with their emperor, fellow officials, households, and subordinate infantrymen.
- Umm Kulthum: Artistic Agency and the Shaping of an Arab Legend, 1967–2007 (Music Culture)
- Ancient Syria: A Three Thousand Year History
- Indecision Points: George W. Bush and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (Belfer Center Studies in International Security)
- Banking on Baghdad: Inside Iraq's 7,000-year History of War, Profit, and Conflict
- Improbable Women: Five Who Explored the Middle East (Contemporary Issues in the Middle East)
- Falafel Nation: Cuisine and the Making of National Identity in Israel (Studies of Jews in Society)
Additional info for A History of Modern Oman
A History of Modern Oman by Jeremy Jones,Nicholas Ridout